The Community Investment Fund
The Community Investment Fund invests in creative ideas that support:
- Educational programs and institutions with an emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Health & Wellness programs/providers
- Local community enrichment programs
Applying for a Grant
Community Investment Fund grant applications have closed for 2023. Please check back in Spring 2024 for updated information.
- In general, organizations and projects should be located in communities where KLA employees live and do business.
- Each organization is limited to one contribution per year, except in unusual circumstances.
- New requests will be evaluated equally with previously funded organizations; previous contributions will not be construed as a precedent for additional support.
- Applicant organizations should have active, diverse boards, effective leadership, continuity and efficiency of administration.
- Organizations that are supported or operated by religious organizations may be considered if their services are offered to the general public.
- Requestors will be contacted once a decision has been made.
KLA Foundation grants are generally not made to the following organizations or causes:
- Advertising journals, booklets, etc.
- Any organization or purpose which would directly benefit KLA Corporation
- Congresses, symposiums, and meetings
- Home-based child care/educational services
- Individual schools, school organizations, athletics, clubs, radio/TV stations, Boy & Girl Scouts Troops, etc.
- Individuals or for-profit entities
- Organizations that discriminate illegally by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or national origin
- Political parties or candidates including political candidates, campaigns, lobbying and activities
- Professional associations, labor organizations, fraternal organizations or social clubs
- Purely social organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual scholarships or foundations that provide scholarships
- Special fundraising events and ticket purchases (i.e., dinners, walks, runs, rides, etc.)
- Sporting events (tickets and sponsorships)
- The benefit of any particular individual, including individual travel and/or study
- Travel expenses
- Trips, tours, or cultural exchange programs