- What personal information the Foundation collects
- How the Foundation uses personal information
- How the Foundation shares your personal information
- Links to third-party sites
- How the Foundation protects your personal information
- Effective date and changes
- How to contact us
If you do not want the Foundation to handle your personal information as described here, please do not use the Foundation Website.
What personal information the Foundation collects
The Foundation collects personal information from and about our Foundation Website users, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit its website, as follows:
Personal information you provide: The Foundation Website may request, or provide an opportunity for you to submit, personal information in connection with an online feature or request. The personal information collected from you may include your contact information, including your name, Company or Organization name (if applicable), email address, password, telephone number and time zone.
While under no obligation to provide us with personal information, you should understand that the Foundation will not be able to process your communications with us or respond to grant opportunities that we offer online without this information.
How the Foundation uses personal information
We use the personal information you submit on our Foundation Website to meet our legitimate interests as a philanthropic organization.
- presenting the Foundation Website and its contents;
- providing Foundation Website users with information about grants;
- responding to your requests, inquiries, or otherwise serve you in ways associated with the circumstances under which you provided the information;
- accepting applications for grants;
- meeting the Foundation’s legal obligations;
- with respect to information collected by log-in and cookies, facilitating your use of the Foundation Website, analyzing usage by visitors, improving user experience, and delivering better service;
- network and information security;
- fraud investigation and prevention;
- investigating suspected unlawful acts or unethical conduct; and
- compliance with the law, KLA’s Standards of Business Conduct and to protect the rights, property, or safety of KLA, our users, or others.
How the Foundation shares your personal information
We may disclose your information to certain third parties as described below.
- Corporate Affiliates. The Foundation may disclose or share your personal information with its corporate affiliate, KLA Corporation, and its subsidiaries worldwide.
- Service Providers and Agents. We may share personal information with outside service providers or agents. These outside service providers or agents are only authorized to use the information on the Foundation’s behalf for purposes such as to provide information you have requested, perform grant related services, or help us manage and analyze data and improve our Website.
- Legal Compliance or Enforcement. We may disclose your personal information to third parties when we believe disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal process, including a law enforcement, regulatory or court-authorized request; or (ii) protect the rights, property or safety of the Foundation or other persons or entities.
- Business Transfers. If KLA Corporation is involved in a merger, acquisition, business combination, reorganization or other transfer of some, or all of KLA Corporation’s business, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer or other successor to KLA Corporation.
Links to third-party sites
How the Foundation protects your personal information
The Foundation has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. The Foundation Website uses HTTP Secure (“HTTPS”) for secure communications. The Website uses Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to protect information collected through the Website. In addition, we restrict access to your personal information. Only authorized individuals who need your personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a grant analyst) are permitted access to it.
Although we use efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted through our Foundation Website. Please do not provide any personal information you are not asked to provide, which includes any sensitive personal information.
Effective date and changes